Our China Adoption Journey

Monday, September 12, 2005

Reese found her Dora shoes this week as I was cleaning out her closet.  She carried them around and finally sat down in front of me, saying, "nyah, nyah, nyah."  Nyah-nyah is Reese-speak for "I want ________."  She is usually pointing at whatever she wants at that time.  This time she wanted her Dora shoes ON HER FEET!  She has started grunting whenever I put on her shoes, as if they're very tight and must be forced on.  She does this grunting even when the shoes are very loose.  She grunts at everything...when I try to open a jar, when I pick her up, or basically do anything that takes any effort.  So, we put her Dora shoes on and she has worn them constantly around the house for four solid days.  It's not a great thing for her now since she runs EVERYWHERE she goes and they are a bit slippery on the hardwoods.  Every time she rounds a corner, she bites the dust.  Arms and legs flailing everywhere and her head hits the nearest object.  She never cries, just hops up and proceeds with her running.  Dad and I have put these Dora shoes on her countless times.  She's about to grow out of them so, if you're reading this Grandma, she'll need a new pair in size 7 or up!  It's like looking at a puppy with those huge feet and knowing it's going to be a really big dog.  Reese is going to be our really big dog.  How interesting will it be to look up at our Chinese daughter in a few years?  She'll be wearing my size 3 shoes in no time!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home